Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.15.2004
 
In Honor Of...

...nothing in particular, I've added some blue to the mix around here. I've also added some spiffy little borders around the blog postings which may or may not bug the hell out of me eventually. I've updated the music section on the left. Most of the links had "gone bad" so I created some new generalized links to bands that I have been listening to recently.

I expanded the "about me / about this blog" section because I've been getting really tired of people not quite getting the whole point of my posts here. I know the rest of the web is filled with highly partisan people who are intent on pushing their partisan-political agenda, but I can assure you that that is not my intent here. Notice I said "intent" because I might occasionally lapse into ranting and raving. For the most part though I try to take an objective, and analytical view of politics and events.

I'll admit right here that I don't know a tenth of what I need to know to make an informed opinion. But that doesn't mean I can't make an honest effort to think and draw conclusions about the things I do know. That's what everyone else is doing, but they don't admit that they're just blowing smoke like the rest of us.

I know that admitting ignorance is a sign of weakness but I don't care. I've known too many fools that perpetuated their own errors because they couldn't simply admit that they were wrong. I can only hope that I can admit my own errors before they become fossilized.

You should always feel comfortable attacking your own most cherished beliefs. The instant that you have to wall off some of your own thoughts from critical examination alarms bells should go off. The world teaches us lessons every day, and if we refuse to learn do we really become better people?

I don't know.

I do hope that you give me feedback on this new layout.

------

But, in completely unrelated news:
Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa: First Annual Blue Dome Festival, May 14-16

  • Friday, May 14, 6:00 PM til 9:00 PM

  • Saturday, May 15, 10:00 AM til 8:00 PM

  • Sunday, May 16, 11:00 AM til 5:00 PM


  • Blue Dome District, 1st Street and Elgin.

    Tulsa area artists are pleased to announce the First Annual Blue Dome Festival, a complement to Mayfest, Many worthy Tulsa artists are denied jury to the highly-competitive national/international Mayfest event. Tulsa patrons and collectors want to support Tulsa artists, and now they can, in one convenient location!

    Various media presented include, ceramic, painting, glass, wood, metal, soaps, herbs, and textiles. T shirts and posters are now available for purchase.


    Go, be merry! Make Tulsa a more exciting place to live.


    |
    Comments: Post a Comment

    About Me

    bruce
    35 yr old
    Married
    Okie
    Highlands Ranch
    Denver
    Colorado
    Student
    Recording Engineer
    Gemini
    Arrogant
    Voted for Kerry
    Voted for Obama
    Scumbag
    Narrow-minded
    Liberal
    Uncle
    Smug
    Hypocrite
    Philosophical Type
    Taken
    Omicron Male
    Feminist Friendly
    22.3% Less Smart
    Whacko
    Rabbit



    Any Box

    email

    Barack Obama Logo
    Get Firefox!




    Dissolve into Evergreens