Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.04.2004
 
National Day of Prayer

Got a little message from the President to remind us little non-believers that we are second class citizens in the United States of Believers.

"Prayer is an opportunity to praise God for His mighty works, His gift of freedom, His mercy, and His boundless love. Through prayer, we recognize the limits of earthly power and acknowledge the sovereignty of God. According to Scripture, "the Lord is near to all who call upon Him . . . He also will hear their cry, and save them." Prayer leads to humility and a grateful heart, and it turns our minds to the needs of others."


I'm sorry that I can't go along with your little game, its just not me.

I never believed that some fat guy in red came down our chimney (we never had one) and left me presents. I never believed that some bunny left eggs in the yard.

Sorry.

How many times must I apologize?

Its not by choice, trust me, my life would be a lot easier if I could at least play along, but I've never been good at lying or hiding how I feel. When I realized it was dishonest to say the words, go to mass and pretend otherwise I stopped.

Sorry.

I know this causes some people no end of discomfort, you can pray for me all you want. That's fine. I know this makes me an evil person bound for the flames. I accept that. That's how you feel. I'm sure I'll meet Santa and the Easter Bunny there too.

Am I scared I might be wrong? Not really. A while back I quoted C.S. Lewis who deduced the existence of God by our shared sense of conscience. But you see, that's what led me to turn away from religion. I knew.. in my heart, that it was bogus. And I know that some of you think that its Satan or some such nonsense, but I don't play that game.

Some people think that all the Catholics are going to hell as well.

Whatever....

As if the Protestants invented Christianity anyways. Let them have their heaven, I'll hang out with the Catholics and the Jews down in hell, far away from the moralizing. We'll raise a styrofoam cup of warm beer to your holiness and say "Damn, I guess they were right after all".

Then we'll all thank our lucky stars that you're up there and not down here with us.

Hell will be full of philosophers, Heaven full of fools.

Sorry.

(This is not an anti-Bush post, I know that every president does this. Screw them too)


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens