Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.03.2004
 
By Any Other Name





Clicking on the picture will open a new window with a larger version
See more photos.




Reading this site you would think that I'm pretty bitter, that I sit around all day cursing the fools that don't agree with me. But that's a pretty inaccurate picture based on what I write here, which is mostly related to my politics.

The ladder of my priorities / interests:

1) family
2) friends
3) women
4) music
5) photography / art
6) politics

But I write about politics here, mainly because I rarely talk about it elsewhere and I keep my ramblings about women in a private paper journal. If I'm talking about politics its usually with my father, who is a Democrat and believes that Bush, while bad, is part of a cycle that comes around ever so often. He's a bit more optimistic than I am, believing that people will "wise up" and it will all come around to sanity again.

Maybe he's right.

I take a very "Rome fell" kind of view. I see history as a series of cycles but that each cycle is eventually doomed to collapse in upon itself. What we, as active participants in history must do is realize that its our own apathy that eventually causes our downfall. If we always assume that "things will work out" or that "others will take care of things" then at some point in time we will be blindsided by forces that have never taken their own survival for granted. I write here not because I think that I will change anyone's mind (though I do sometimes harbor that illusion) but because I never want to take history for granted.

- - - - - - - - - - -o- - - - - - - - - - -



In general I find websites that detail the daily events of one's life a bore. I'm not voyeuristic enough to relish in knowing the day to day details of people I don't have any connection to. I do however value the insights that those details can reveal. If you're simply telling me that you went to the mall and hung out with your friends, or you have a secret desire to sleep with your co-worker, then that's just data. If however you provide some insight into your life and your thoughts then that can make your life seem more interesting, to me at least.

Ideas and insights are currency.

- - - - - - - - - - -o- - - - - - - - - - -



Ran into an old bud the other day, he has a CD out, you can visit his site here and check out some samples. Buy the CD, help the guy pay for more schooling. He's a talented musician and songwriter as well as a fun guy to work with.

- - - - - - - - - - -o- - - - - - - - - - -



I don't hate America, if you think that you're just wrong, ok? Why would I go through all the trouble of practicing my free speech, expressing my opinions and preaching about the liberal ideals that I feel are the foundation for American Democracy if I hated America? I simply feel that we are letting our worst instincts get the better of us. And no, I am not an appeaser. I wish such simplistic thinking would just die on the vine.. right now!

- - - - - - - - - - -o- - - - - - - - - - -



... and speaking of music, If you don't just love this song (Pinback - Loro.mp3 at Epitonic.com) I have nothing more to say to you...

Seriously though... Pinback (.com) writes some of the catchiest hooks I have heard in a looooong while. If you can get ahold of a copy of their song Penelope, its just insane, stick-in-your-head music!

Do Do Do Do DoDoDo Do Dooo!!!


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens