Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.13.2004
 
Car Woes II

I shouldn't say "woes" because I actually took the step to have the damn thing worked on. This past weekend we took it down to a mechanic that had previously done some work for my dad. They went in a replaced a couple of seals in the Manifold and the Main Bearing (If I remember correctly.. I'm not certain). The good news is that it doesn't leak oil like it used to.

The bad news? You guessed it, that hole in my pocket where nearly 400 dollars used to live.

Having decided to keep the car, I've focused the past few days working on other aspects of it. I spent nearly the entirety of Monday out polishing the paint to what might be considered "a dull shine". Yesterday afternoon I went after the wheels with some cleaner and shined them up all nice and clean. Today, I took a few minutes to try and scrub a few stains out of the seats. Whether I was successful remains to be seen. I also managed to buff out a little paint smudge on the front bumper.

I still have some waxing that needs to be done. I'll do that once my shoulders stop aching. For now though, at least the car seems in better health. We can keep our finger's crossed. It still smokes a little but that, I hope, comes from oil still stuck to the underside of the car from before.

I pulled out the blown speaker in the dash and I'll be on the lookout for a replacement. For now I can tolerate not having a dash speaker on the driver's side. It still has one in the door.

I'm cautious, I still expect it to self destruct any day now. If there was a god of transmissions, I would be down on my knees right now.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens