Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.07.2004
 
Lilly







Now that spring is here, I can open up my pond again. Here we see the very first leaves of the lily. I built this pond for my parents while I was in college. My idea was that I could build a self sustaining pond that required very little work on their part but would be a beautiful addition to their yard. To a large extent it worked. They might have to add water in the hottest months, and we've added a pump to filter the water. But as it stands, the plants and the fish return each year and aside from some basic cleaning it takes care of itself.

Important for people thinking of building their own pond. Dig at least three feet deep, deeper if you live in colder climates. Make sure you provide shade for a least part of the day and cover the surface of the pond with some plant life to keep water temperature down during the summer. My approach was minimal but you can make it as fancy as you want it to be. Remember though that you should not build more than you are willing to maintain. For the winter we use two old screen doors overlapped and weighted down to keep out snow and leaves.

Its a basic Lilly and goldfish pond but its nice to visit and its fun to feed the fish. I still want to add a bench for sitting and spend more time on landscaping. Its still a work in progress...


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens