Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.05.2004
 
Visit Steve G

Steve Gilliard's News Blog:

"I think everyone should support the candidates of their choice. But as Kos's travails have demonstrated, if you go beyond sending a check, you may get kicked in your ass, despite your best intentions. Don't ever expect a politician to support you the way you support them.

This way, if people don't like what I say, they don't have to come. They don't have to waste their time delinking and denouncing me."


I like Steve, he used to write at DailyKos and I thought he was way to verbose. Recently he's had some health problems and was in really horrible shape. Yet here he is back up and slugging at the idiots in power. He has exactly the right attitude. We should hold all politicians accountable, and if we ever get in the habit of apologizing for them again and again all we'll get for our troubles is "kicked in the ass". By their very nature and due to the instant polling atmosphere of election politics we should not expect our politicians to ever take an unpopular position no matter how right it might be. At the root of their every action is a thought process that goes a little something like this:

Will it cost me money
Will it cost me votes

Sadly, I think people would love to get a politician that had convictions. I no I don't mean THAT kind of conviction. I mean the type that stem from actually believing what they say instead of just pandering. I feel for the people that thought they were getting this with Bush, they got a empty shirt stuffed full of Neocons instead. Damn, now those guys have conviction, but they're looney ones that involve plans for world domination, the likes of which remind of my Sunday morning cartoons and Cobra Commander.

Of course that would explain things, maybe there's a piece of the "Weather Control Device" in Iraq?

That would make a lot more sense than any plan to install a meat and potatoes democracy there.

Your vote counts:

-Lost piece of a secret weather control weapon?
-Democracy?

Remember, knowing is half the battle... and knowing how to get out once you've gone in a set everything ablaze is the other half.


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens