Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.02.2004
 
On the Air America?

I won't get to hear the new Liberal talk radio station locally, and to be perfectly honest I'm not all that disappointed. I would like to hear it at least once just to see what its like, and I might try to log in sometime for a online broadcast for that reason. However, my dislike for conservative talk has nothing to do with its political bent, but rather its delivery. The current popular format is a "redmeat to the wolves" form of entertainment that is not only boring but can be incredibly misleading as well. I have noticed that people that participate in this form of entertainment are incredibly ignorant when it comes to actual facts. This stems from the formats tendencies to gloss over facts in favor of ridiculing the day's political hobgoblins.

When scoring points with your listeners is more important than presenting the facts then you aren't going to be too concerned with mistakes or omissions. You win points with your listeners for being hardline for your allies and hardline against your enemies. You can't make excuses for "them" and you never criticize your own.

If that's the format that liberal talk takes then I won't find much to enjoy there either. I hope they take a different route. But to be honest with you, if their aim is to counterbalance the right then they might take that tact. If however they want nothing more than to provide an outlet for information that hasn't been able to make it into the public (even thought the media is liberal?) then I might be more supportive.

One of the triumphs of right wing talk has been to create a network of barking dogs that can be summoned on command to create a hostile atmosphere for politicians and journalists. That the GOP uses this network to great advantage is fairly evident, Democrats have been vilified to the extent that simply being a Democrat means that you would surrender to Osama Bin Laden if it meant saving an endangered snail.

If the new liberal talk radio does nothing more than create an equivalent group of ignorant loudmouths on the left I will be disappointed. I can see the usefulness of cultivating a group of rabidly partisan voters that will always vote for your candidate but I doubt it goes very far to promote a healthy democracy.


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens