Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
3.28.2004
 
Out and About

Being the homebody that I am (who else but a homebody can keep a blog like this?) it was quite an occasion that I got out to hang with a friend and drink a few beers at McNellies Public House. I've been meaning to get downtown and try it out for quite a while. I was intrigued by the sheer number of beers they have available to sample. Since starting my quest to learn all about beer, about say... six years ago I've been randomly sampling what I could find at local liquor stores. This however is much more entertaining.

First there was the lovely and patient young women that helped use decide just which beer among the three pages worth that we might try. I had a few wheat beers that pleasant, along the lines of what I felt like drinking tonight. Kudos!

Second, I am just floored that Tulsa has the beginnings of what could be a really nice downtown scene. Its been brewing (ugh, pun) for quite some time but this time it looks like it might go over pretty well. I will try to make as many trips in to participate as I can manage. Its too bad that driving in to downtown from out here in BA feels like a roadtrip.

Tulsa really needs to try harder to find ways to convince younger people to stay here. Without young people with disposable time and income it will be extremely difficult to build a thriving downtown. This will not only mean keeping good jobs here but making it worthwhile to stay with a fun and growing nightlife.

Right now, Tulsa is single person's hell. I won't go so far to say that married people are boring, but from my perspective.. well....


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens