Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.25.2006
Photography and the World Cup in Spanish
 
Things that are happening: Not too much.

Been playing around with Reason, a program that lets me interface my music keyboard (an old Akai AX-80) with my laptop so that I can generate and sequence sound. So far my main reason for working with such programs has been to take songs that I've written on guitar and input them into the computer via PowerTab, then I export them as midi files and to play them with either Reason or Orion. At this point I can also add a drum track as well since I have no acoustic drums to work with.

I've been trying to get back into the habit of taking pictures with my cameras (a Nikon N80 and a Nikon N70). I still lack a good DSLR, but will take donations of any of the currently available Nikons.

Apparently all the recently graduating kids around here are all heading to Europe. I can just imagine that its filling up with Americans like some kind of theme park. Its almost as if its a pilgrimage that we must all take when we are young. I noticed the same phenomenon when I was working in Highland Park, Texas. For the record, I haven't been to Europe myself but I would lie to see it someday. I would like to think that I could avoid the usual American tourist stereotype as well. I don't know...

Last night I had a dream that I was living in Mexico and I was having a hard time ordering a vegetarian taco at a restaurant. I eventually succeeded in getting a vegetarian taco but it came with a side of fried pork. My Spanish is not so good at all and I've been thinking about working on that recently, especially considering my plans to watch the World Cup on Spanish language television.

If you watch the World Cup in Spanish its free. You pay for the privilege of watching it in English. I'm hoping that I can find an online radio station that will broadcast the games live. I had hope when I found out that XM Radio was going to broadcast the World Cup games via their service, only to learn that they exclude such content from their monthly online content. I may try out the BBC as well.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens