Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.07.2006
Get Called a Name
 
Man, some days I wish I was a right winger. Then I could just call people crazy, or moonbats, or lunatics, or freaks or whatever in response to any criticism of my views. Maybe then I could spend less time actually trying to tell people what my ideas are instead of being asked to defend straw-liberal arguments put forth by the right wing talk shows.

Its tempting to call people names (especially stupid), and I honestly can't remember if I've ever resorted to outright namecalling on this blog. I would like to think that I've tried to address issues.

Ray McGovern questions Rumsfeld on his previous, well documented assertion that the United States knew where the WMDs were before the war.

SEC. RUMSFELD: Not at all. If you think -- let me take that, both pieces -- the area in the south and the west and the north that coalition forces control is substantial. It happens not to be the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.


... and for this act he gets called a "radical leftist, Jew-hating creep" by the fount of name calling at Little Green Footballs (no link - look it up). At the same time, no time is spent actually addressing the issue. Did Rumsfeld say that he knew where the weapons were, and why did he do so? Rumsfeld himself avoids the question. Instead we spend more time spinning our wheels defending people against the name callers.

In a discussion with a co-worker I was informed that we had indeed found links between Saddam and Al Qaeda. I was unaware that merely travelling through a country qualified as valid cooperation?

Go figure. I've come to realize that there is just a fundamentnal difference in the way I see the world and the way others see it.

Watch "Everything is Illuminated". It made me laugh.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens