Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.25.2006
call me
 
I never really though that right-of-way rules were all that hard to understand. But I might have to reconsider that assumption based on the amount of evidence to the contrary.

And...

Every day, at about the same time, we get a recorded message on our machine that requests that we call someone about a matter of business. The machine that robo-calls this message out every day repeats the message twice so that we hear the last bit on the answering machine. We do not know this person for whom the message was intended and because we have a new phone number we can safely assume that this message is not for us.

The safe assumption might be that after several months of leaving robo-messages on an answering machine, this person, who is so anxious to talk to someone else, might actually try calling in person to find out why they never get called back.

Or we might assume that we live in a world full of stupidity and that some computer somewhere is programmed to call every day and it will continue to do so until the same stupid people that told it to do so, decide it can stop.

It reminds of the time I got a new number and Blockbuster video would call every few weeks to remind someone I've never heard of to return their videos. I explained to the person making the calls that I did not know this person, I had never heard of them and there was no way that I would be able to tell them to return their videos.

But, as we have learned, once stupidity is set in motion, it can only be stopped by an equal and opposite act of rational thinking, which, last I checked, was in short supply. So it was that I would get a call from Blockbuster every couple of weeks.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens