Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.17.2006
I Might
 
Today I spent the day cleaning. I cleaned the bathroom, and yes, that means the toilet. Yuck is the operative word for that filthy slab of porcelain.

If I were rich, the temptation would be strong to get anyone else to do that task for me. I might be inclined to offload that smelly job to just about anyone at nearly any cost. I might, however find it quite nice to discover that instead of emptying out my wallet for the privilege of getting someone else to do it for me, I would instead find some desperate person willing to do it at bargain basement prices.

I might say a little prayer: "Thank God for the desperate poor people of the world, may God make them poor and willing to work for crumbs forever!!!"

I might even find religion, of the variety that helps me re-align my thinking. I might even start to see the world in a whole new light, especially considering that I might also get my car cleaned for a few bucks as well, I might get a meal delivered to my door for a buck or two.

The world might seem like a paradise of people willing to do just about anything for a few measly dollars.

I might like that. I doubt I would ever clean my own toilet again.

But then I might start thinking.

I don't like cleaning toilets, and I doubt anyone else really likes it either. And not only is that person cleaning my toilet, they are probably cleaning their own as well. I've inflicted that nasty task on someone twice!

I might even start to feel bad -- guilty. That is, unless I could construct a convenient rationale for why it is right and even necessary for other people to clean my toilet for me. I might even start to think the natural order of things deems that I never have to perform a task I dislike ever again. The universe has seen fit to make sure that as I go about my day entertaining myself that the mess I leave behind me gets cleaned up so that I never need to see it.

I might even be dreadfully frightened at the idea that this order might be disrupted.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens