Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.20.2005
Who's Your Papa?
 
New pope = YAWN.

I don't get the people that are disappointed that the new pope is a conservative. Much like I don't get people like Horowitz that complain that academia is full of liberals.

What did you expect?

I consider myself a "cultural catholic", my family is all catholic and I was raised as such; going to chapel, confessing my sins, choking on incense, the whole works.

But around the time of confirmation I found myself thinking about the path I was going to take. I would either become an individual, free to think as I please (a liberal) or I would become a servant of doctrine.

I could either shut my brain off, or become a human being.

I chose the latter, and my relationship with the church came to an end. Some people seem to think they can have it both ways. Sorry folks, as much as you might wish it, the Catholic church is not going to transform itself into some humanitarian organization that accepts people as they are. Ultimately, they believe that a big man-head in the sky imparted upon us all the knowledge that we would ever need some two thousand (and more) years ago. If you agree that the church speaks for god, then god hates gay people and thinks that women are inferior.

How you can agree with that and be a liberal is beyond me.

For the Catholic church to embrace liberalism is to embrace its own irrelavance. Freethinking people have little patience for an institution that lags behind common sense by about 100 years. Even most of the Fathers and Brothers here in the U.S. have moved beyond official church teachings.

Still, it was sad to see that the new pope was not South or Central American, a huge snub to a part of the world that has been faithfully catholic for years and is facing a competant threat from protestantism.

The new pope is still old, white and European. Just like god himself.

What did we expect, a Muslim pope?

So the new pope still thinks that god only talks to celibate men? Why are we surprised?

-----o-----


I just wanted to take a second here to state that I think that Brain C. Anderson, of the Manhatten Institute's City-Journal, is a Mega-Idiot for thinking that a South Park character that has a sex change so he can have an abortion somehow represents liberalism.

You stupid fucker, get a fucking clue. We know the money's flowing to your "cause" and you're feeding off the teat (oil and steel), but you're still full of shit.

Stupid does not equal liberal
Stupid does not equal conservative
Stupid equals stupid.

How is that I can read six pages of the Dallas Morning News full of people complaining about the "Liberal Bias"? How does that make one lick of sense? At what point does this go beyond the line of ridiculousness?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens