Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.13.2005
Here, Nothing is Ever There
 
I really should keep my camera with me at all times, but I don't, and as such I don't have a picture of what the sky looked like on Monday night.

It was a bizarre sight that messed with my sense of place. You see, I've lived in this town most of my life, except for the couple of years when I lived in Dallas. I drive around in my car, taking various exits and turning down streets just because I've never done so before. So to say that I feel at home here is an understatement. I could never feel lost in this town. And its a very rare occasion when I come across a place I've never been before.

But the sky.. it was different. A big dark cloud covered the horizon and rose up into the air like a dark mountain that stretched from the north of the city to the south of the city in the west. Its edges were wispy like treetops. Above this dark imposing mass was the sky, solid blue and still brightly lit by the setting sun hidden behind the wall. Its a weird feeling to look up into the sky on a dark night and see blue. Not just the faint light blue of a summer day and not the murky grey-blue of rainy days. It was blue like stained glass, stark and luminescent. And below I squinted as I drove in the dark, trying to see the exits I should have known so well.

I felt out of place, like a traveler navigating around a strange city. I could have been back driving through Colorado, Tennessee or Mexico; places where mountains live in the background. Here, nothing is supposed to be there. Its clear horizons every day.

I thought about driving back for my camera but I knew that this moment, when the massive cloud covered the horizon and the sun shone from behind it, would not last long enough for my return.

So I just enjoyed it for a few minutes and drove on.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens