Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
4.14.2005
Pretty Flowers?
 





Every so often a well meaning friend or associate will interpret my appreciation for some girl as an excuse to prod me into asking her out. I have trouble explaining that even though I might say things like "most beautiful girl I've ever seen" or "holy shit, she's hot!" it doesn't necessarily mean I think that me and this girl would make a good match.

I'll be the first to admit that I need to be a little more proactive about my love life. Trust me when I say that I beat myself up often enough when I know that I've let a legitimate opportunity slip me by. Sometimes I'm just being stupid and not looking for the signs when they come around. Other times I might be in the midst of self denial about ever finding the right girl.

So yeah, some criticism is warranted and some prodding is understandable.

But really, I know what I like and I have a pretty good idea of what kinds of girls like me. Every so often I run across a girl that I not only find attractive, but I also feel that I might get along with. It doesn't happen as often as I might like, which contributes to my extended lengths of singlehood, but when it does, I surprise myself by finding the will to go after what I want. It usually doesn't work out, but at least I know that I'm not just running around hitting on any just girl I think is hot.

Last week I wrote a post about the difference between attractive people and unattractive people and how we perceive the actions and words of the two groups differently. I also wanted to take a minute to say that this perception affects the way in which we see the dating world. You either see the dating scene as a great way to meet new people, go out to fancy restaruants, movies etc. and an ego booster, or you see it as a source of constant frustration and an ego killer. After a while you just want to stop beating your forehead against the brick wall and lay back for a while. You learn to pick and choose your battles. If you're going to fail, you decide that it should be in a battle you actually want to win. Otherwise you find yourself starring in a romantic comedy turned stalker flick.

Not good.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens