Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.03.2004
Random
 
I think I am sad more than anything else.

I am sad... because Kerry lost to a Nike shoe.

You know what a Nike shoe is? Its just another tennis show made to look better by millions of dollars in marketing. But its just a shoe people.

This was an election that pitted a fictional candidate that ran AGAINST his own record of deception in Iraq, failure in economic matters, obstruction in environmental matters and duplicity in everything that its has done versus issues that mattered to Americans.

I loved it when one Democratic pundit admitted "If we can't win against this guy.. who CAN we beat?"

We bought the overpriced shoe, and now we will have to wear it for four years. And millions of Americans will swear that its "better".

I wonder how Bush will govern, now that he isn't focused on re-election? I am curious to see what he will do now that he will have to make decisions with considerations beyond political expediency.

I don't know. I just know that for the second time we have elected the least competent and the least honest of the two candidates.

(And in a brief moment of pique I would like to say to every Bush voter.. Fuck you! Thank you for screwing over the nation, you stupid ignorant Fuckers!)

Oh, and to the millions that went to the polls to piss on some gay people that have already had it rough enough... Fuck you too.

ok.. now on to other matters... ;-)

I tire of politics. We will live with Bush for four more years. And even though I see this as akin to asking your doctor to inject you with Polio I admit that talking about Bush gets old. I only did so because he is such a clear illustration of SO MANY points that I wanted to make.

I tire of explaining the obvious to people.

If you can't see it by now there is no hope for you. I feel bad, but I sleep well at night. If that sounds arrogant, it is. I spend lots of time learning about the issues, if you don't, I have every right to call you a moron.

Look... I don't know shit about lots of things. When I talk to people about Hockey or Curling, or how to fix an air conditioning unit I'll let them talk, because I claim no expertise there. Part of what I enjoy about working with people is that I get the chance to learn from them. We all have our areas of expertise and I understand that we can't all spend hours every day reading about politics. And I understand that when you have a well funded media megaphone blaring out lies and smear day after day people who don't have the time or interest to learn the facts may be mislead.

I understand that. Understanding our enemies makes us liberals "unfit" to lead, right?

All we need to know is "kill them, they hate us because we are good and they are evil!"

Its not like I ran for president. If I did, I would run as a Republican, because then I could lie my ass off and still win especially in Oklahoma.

-----o-----


As a side note... just when you think you might lose faith in humanity, in the wake of mass stupidity, you evidence an act of graciousness that keeps your hope alive.

R, thank you for that.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens