Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.21.2004
Step One: Grab the Stick; Step Two, Pull Up
 
Jake is a smart guy and not prone to knee-jerk rhetoric like some of the others I've met at cam's site. So its a little saddening that he is willing to settle for four more years of Bush's madness because of some vague notion of Kerry that I have yet to hear anyone actually articulate.

So far its been:

The medals flap
The "Its my wife's SUV" flap
The Flip Flop flap

Is THIS ALL YOU GOT!?!

Make fun of his long face, his uppity filthy rich wife and his dour demeanor all you want but at the end of the day Bush is still a liar that mislead the American people, drove up the debt, and plays footsy with the religious whackos for political favor.

I'll take that bet any day fools! So Kerry sounds like your garden variety politician? Ooohhhh how I long for the those days. Its like Bush was the answer to the age old question "Could it get any worse?"

Yes... YES IT CAN, AND IT FUCKING DID. I'm sorry, I didn't think it was possible but Bush proved me wrong. I admit, I was wrong, it got worse.

Jake said:

I completely disagree that "it's obvious" that Kerry will do anything. We have no idea what Kerry will do. You're comparing hindsight of Bush and his tagalongs, with foresight of Kerry and his tagalongs.

As far as Kerry.. what IS his every move? What are his positions? What is his plan? What's he going to do?


I'll roll the dice. Bush is a proven disaster.

I would be happy if Kerry does any of the following:

  • Kick out every current member of the current White House. That includes Cheney, Rice, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, ASHCROFT etc.. safe bet

  • Make nice with the rest of the world and work to get the people that should be our friends to stop hating our guts because we're acting like a bunch of paranoid idiots.

  • Give the religious right, who have wet dreams of dropping a nuclear bomb on the Arabs and starting a holy war, the big middle finger and a swift kick out the back door of the White House. Special kudos for telling Robertson to "fook off!"

  • Kill the whole "we'll save Social Security by giving all our money to Wall Street" scam, and actually re-introduce the concept of responsible spending.


  • Assuming that Kerry will have to at least do the first one, I think its pretty obvious that I would be happier with him in the White House and the current gang of liars and thieves safely back in the corporate world.

    My idea is that FIRST, we return to where we were, crooked politics WITHOUT the lunacy, and work up from there.


    |
    Comments: Post a Comment

    About Me

    bruce
    35 yr old
    Married
    Okie
    Highlands Ranch
    Denver
    Colorado
    Student
    Recording Engineer
    Gemini
    Arrogant
    Voted for Kerry
    Voted for Obama
    Scumbag
    Narrow-minded
    Liberal
    Uncle
    Smug
    Hypocrite
    Philosophical Type
    Taken
    Omicron Male
    Feminist Friendly
    22.3% Less Smart
    Whacko
    Rabbit



    Any Box

    email

    Barack Obama Logo
    Get Firefox!




    Dissolve into Evergreens