Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.18.2004
Most Days are Not Like These
 
Most days I forget that I own a sports car. Sure, its fourteen years old and I got it primarily because it met two requirements: Hatchback for carrying around equipment (I was in a band at the time) and having at least a six cylinder. I wanted a car with something better than a four because I assumed that it would hold up better. I tend to think that fours are pushed too hard by highway and stop and go driving.

Some days though I remember that I do have the latent ability to accelerate at something that might be called thrill-worthy.

This day, with the sun not so bright, the heat not so debilitating and the wind just kind enough to blow I was reminded of my sports-car owning status. So on the way back from he grocery store I decided to take a nice little scenic detour.

The popsicles would stay frozen for a few more minutes.

(scuse me.. frozen fruit bars.)

Set the stage. Back road, with signs posted: Speed Limit 35 MPH, Narrow Bridge; cows watching from behind flimsy wire fences, Maroon 5 cd in the player, singer singing about Sunday Morning (which is still a day away!) and me hoping that I wouldn't get stuck behind a tractor.

Always a real possibility around here.

Turn right past the boarded up Git and Go, slow climb up the hill where it always sounds like my tires are ripping velcro strips from the pavement, up and over the small hill and glide down into the low area where a truck is parked in the grass alongside the road, over the bridge, look right to see if anyone is out fishing on the creek, accelerate under the highway and brake as we enter the tree covered one lane bridge right before the neighborhood. Coast for a minute or two and punch it for the climb, over a narrow hill wide enough for maybe one and a half cars and we're up on the farmlands. Down once more and to a stop, turn right onto the good road and ride it out till we hit the neighborhood.

Remember to check the fluids. Temp good, pressure good... fuel, ok.

I have a slight grin on my face and the tops of my forearms are a little numb from the blowing wind.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens