Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.21.2004
Your Point?
 
Well, I finally broke down and bought an mp3 player. Yes, I know I am about the last person in the world to get one. I still don't have a cell phone either so bleeeehhh!!

And no, I'm not cool enough to join the ranks of ipod ownership. I decided to go the flash route for price considerations. I don't need to carry around my entire music collection with me. I would however like an alternative to what I am doing now, which is burning mp3 cds to play in my portable. I dislike the size of the player when I want to take a few songs with me to listen at a remote location. I find that even a cd's worth of songs is more than I really need for any given occasion.

I do however have a nice cd of Wilco, The Shins and Death Cab for Cutie that I've been listening to in my car for the last few weeks. I got two albums from each on a cd.

My choice for an mp3 player is the mpio 128MB player with an additional 256MB card as well. My decision had alot to do with my ability to get these items at a discounted price. There just isn't much you can get off the fancy smancy ipod-like players.

I can get about 100 songs on thins thing so I'm happy with that. I can just swap out the occasional song as I get tired of it. Its small and has an FM tuner and a voice recorder as well.

So far so good. We'll see how I like it in a week.

Also... (you mean there's more?)

My sister got a pool. Nothing fancy, and it was a bit of a surprise for me. One day she shows up and says "Hey, dad and I are going to get a pool". She shows me an add for a 3000 gallon plastic pool that looks like its about waist deep.

So, I spent the last Sunday helping to level out the ground with sand (7.99 a scoop at Sutherlands!) and trying to get the thing ready to fill. The box said "Ready for water in 15 minutes". We started at noon and didn't start filling the pool until around seven. I think the 15 minute estimate is one of those "if all the stars are aligned at you a championship pool assembling team" type things.

I don't think we are particularly inept at this sort of thing, and truth be told we spent most of that time making sure the ground was level. We could have just laid out the thing on the grass and thrown in a garden hose.

So I have access to a pool. Not a big one, but nice enough for a swim when the weather gets hot as freaking hell.

That's a good thing.

I know many of you are reading this and thinking "Well, I've always had a pool". But I say "Hey, I haven't... so grant me some excitement here."

I used to house sit for a friend that had a nice, but small, in-ground concrete pool. I got paid to watch the dogs and make sure the pool stayed clean. I did this by inviting people over to hang out and go swimming. I'd keep the pool clean out of my own self interest. The rest of the time I took advantage of the DVD collection and home theater room.

Good times...

*End of Story*


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens