Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.30.2004
Phoenix
 
I had another post in the works. Its saved as a draft. Its about taxes again. It can wait.

Its story time.

I had two groups of friends in high school. I spent loads of time with each group and enjoyed every minute of it, but rarely did the two groups mix.

Though I don't find much use in Astrology, I was born on May 29th 1974.

One day in a fit of naivete I asked my two good friends P and J whether they had ever engaged in the act of self defeat. I'm not exactly sure how I phrased it, but I asked them if they had ever just stopped and ripped apart all their conceptions and brought themselves down to nothing. The blank looks were my answer.

"You know? Just admit to yourself all those things that you secretly dread? Get it out there. Listen to your own voice say it? Put yourself in the position of vulnerability? And realize its not worth all this running away?"

Self destruction is a beautiful thing, because only on top of our own self delusions do we build our worst selves. Human beings, nasty brutish things as we are, only transcend our natures when we can have the courage to look at it, and see it for what it is.

Never admit weakness.

Some people find this kind of self honesty off-putting. But really, can you expect to wrestle your demons in the dark? Take a break, flip on the lights, say "Man, you some ugly mofo!" flip the lights back off and go about your task yet again.

Who would think that the road to success leads to many different places?

Somebody has to live like I do.

S would have understood.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens