Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
8.08.2006
Staying Out - Staying Home
 
Hi, my name is Bruce, and I am an introvert.

I find being out amongst large numbers of people very tedious. Its been getting worse as I've gotten older - especially my tolerance for teenagers.

Adults aren't much better.

But suffice it to say that if you want to be involved with anything social there are going to be large numbers of people there as well. This is an inevitable by-product of the market's tendency to amass large numbers of people together for the sake of selling them products. Sometimes I find myself going to an event only to find that it is nothing more than a string of shops hawking their wares. Its not so much a social event as it is theme shopping.

I'm not a fan of weekends - especially Saturdays. Its then that all the people who have been trapped at work all week feel like they should be out "doing" things. They crowd the streets, they form lines wherever they go, and most annoying, they always seem surprised that there are so many people around creating such stress and chaos.

Its a byproduct of synchonization and I realize that. From industrialization onward we've all been moving in the same patterns as everyone else. Predictability is good for the market, but I still feel like I'm being herded.

This past weekend has been a busy one. I've been doing - out amongst people. My girlfriend and I have been to the Colorado Renaissance Festival, The Scottish Festival and a Death Cab for Cutie concert all in the span of two days - Saturday and Sunday. Its been great getting to spend time with her and its been nice being out of the house in different environs. But its also been a bit of an overdose of the "general public" as well.

I think I get tired of the constant demand for money. It seems that all things are now designed for that one reason. So much so that in the course of a single day you find people asking you for money time and time again. Its tiring. Nothing ever seems to be done for the simple sake of creating culture. Culture has become a byproduct of the need to extract money from people. So it becomes that you are excluded from the culture when you have little money.

Its better just to stay home.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens