Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
8.03.2006
Judge Not...
 
For the record:

I've never been a big fan of Joe Lieberman - even back in the day when he was Gore's running mate. With the upcoming Democratic primary becoming a pet issue for the big blogs I just wanted to put my two cents into the pot.

I've never liked moralizers. That is what Joe Lieberman is to me - man who holds himself up as a judge of what is good and moral. That pisses me off. We're a free country and every person has a right to express his opinion about what is good and bad but it irks me when politicians try to legislate their own morality.

Whenever I listen to someone go on and on about what people should do I think it sounds unamerican. That's why I never liked religion all that much. It assumes that I am too stupid to know what is best for myself. One of the central ideas that led to the representative democracy we have now is that people have the ability to decide what is best for themselves without the help of "authorities".

Yes, of course the war is a big issue. But it only goes to show that either Lieberman lacked the judgment to see a folly in the making, or lacked the spine to speak up about it. Neither makes him look like a good man to re-elect into office.

Its so sad that only filthy rich people even stand a chance of challenging an incumbent, and I'm none too happy about that fact. It doesn't seem like we're offered very good choices when it comes to who to vote for.

|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens