Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
12.07.2004
Something
 
I know you're getting updates galore today... but that's a good thing right?

Short story....

Yesterday at work I ran into this older gentleman. He reminded me that the anniversary of Pearl Harbor was today and then preceeded to tell me about how he still doesn't trust the "Japs". I kid you not... he said "The Japs". He explained how he tries not to buy anything from Asia and that there is just something "about them" that he doesn't like.

This is some 63 years later mind you...

I reminded him that the Germans and the Italians were also part of the Axis powers as well. He conceeded that there was something about the Germans as well. I'm sure my German heritage was offended in some way, but I was too busy being amused to really care.

I reminded him that we spent some forty years hating the Russians as well and that it might be worth considering that it might be a human character trait that causes nations to go crazy instead of a particular ethnic trait and that we should all remain vigilante about the emergence of such mass hysteria.

I was tempted to mention that we can now safely add Middle Easterners to the list of people we have come to hate as a matter of national craziness.

I do know for a fact that half-Japanese girls can be incredibly sweet, charming and intelligent. I suppose that is "something".

-----o-----


Ran into my friend the panhandler last night, the one that just needs a few bucks to get home from work. I was a little miffed that he didn't remember me. This makes three times that we've crossed paths. He really should take better care to recall which people he's already hit up a few times. I'm about to take this personally!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens