Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.28.2004
Bye S
 
"Wild pack of family dogs..."

If your reading this on an RSS feed.. great. I know some people get pissy if you read what they have to say without actually hitting their site... me, I don't mind.

Not at all.

You see... I don't do this to be popular or to make a few bucks on the side. I'm not really fighting for a "cause" or pushing a political party. I write this blog because I want to have a place to express my opinions freely. You really can't say what you mean if you're scared that people might stop reading, or that you might lose money or that you might be kicked out of some blogger's clique.

I know there are ways that I could increase my traffic, maybe get enough hits to generate a pittance in ad revenue, I could cozy up to the Democratic bloggers, or start being more topical, adding links to whatever topic du jour has set the search engines ablaze... but really, what would be the point?

What bothers me is that when I go looking for opinions or information I have to be careful about where that information comes from and what kind of bias that it represents.

How can I trust a news network that does puff pieces on "our troops"?

How can I trust a journalist who uses one type of language to describe the actions of our country and our allies and another set of language to describe the actions of our enemies?

How can you trust a media outlet whose primary concern is to capture your attention so that it can be sold to advertisers?

How can you trust someone that is afraid of saying what they feel for fear or reprisal from peers, colleagues or friends?

---

I really DO appreciate the people who visit, read and comment on what I have to say, but I don't really do it FOR you.. and I hope you can appreciate that I'm trying to be honest...

... at least as much as a person can be and still exist within a social environment.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens