Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.27.2004
Some Randomness
 
... because thats all I can manage at the moment:

Today was Black Friday... which is the day that insane people get up at insane hours, forcing us working retail folk to get up at even more insane hours so that people can spend money with reckless abandon.

Hah... I got paid for it... you lost money, fools.

Its easy to particpate in Buy Nothing Day... I don't have time to shop.. shopping's for all the cube dwellers and nine to fivers.

I dislike small talk, even when it involves complaining about how tired I am. I especially hate hearing about how tired you are. I don't want to hear about it. Sorry.

We're all tired ok, I get it. I don't need to bond over it.

Some people talk because they cannot bear a moment where their voice is not being heard.

Its also why people talk on their cellphones in their cars. Instead of enjoying the solitude of being alone, we are scared shitless of beng alone with our thoughts, afraid that we might have to think about ourselves, our lives, its meaning and what we might have to do once we think about who we are.

What do uneducated people think about? I have thousands of worthless little tidbits floating around in my head... politics, history, people... philosophy.. but its all based on what knowledge I have at my disposal, So it stands to reason that if you know less you think about less diverse ideas. No?

I never feel like I know enough.. I cannot imagine ever feeling like I know enough.

Are the anti-intellectual attitudes of our culture a symptom of a culture in decline? If we really thought our world was so great we would be eager to learn as much as we could about it. But instead we fill our heads with superstitious notions that rightly belong in a previous century...

Are we rejecting modernity... and if so, is it linked to consumerism? I've often felt that our economic needs have undermined out cultural drive. We rush to the store to consume the products of technology but we despise how that technological world has destroyed our cultural underpinnings. How much longer can we remain divided?

When I hear the parents of soldiers killed in Iraq say that their son or daughter joined the military to "Serve their country" I never confuse that with "serving a narrow agenda concocted by the ruling class". I accept that their intentions are pure, I reject that the people running the government are as pure in theirs. I find it heartbreaking that we should confuse servitude to an elite agenda with actual service to the people of the country.

Its a win for propaganda language.

Today on NPR I heard a reporter refer to a group of people in Ukraine as having a "parade" when they were clearly "protesting". A victory for soft language. Its painfully obvious that the media resorts to sort langauge when it finds itself dealing with issues in conflict with state-sanctioned wisdom.

Happy fun word: "Insurgents". I cringe.

"Send it off in a letter to yourself"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens