Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
6.28.2004
HAL
 
More on the Contraband cd

Well, for us, it wasn’t an issue, why? Well, we have always disabled “Auto-Run” on our Windows based system, since like Windows 95, we’ve always disabled that “feature”. By default Windows will automatically look for a file called Autorun.inf on any CD you pop in to your system, we’ve always known this is a big security issue as there are a lot of spyware and viruses distributed on CDs, you read about this every week. In fact, Microsoft is even disabling this in their next security focused service pack. Just to recap…


There's more you should read. I can't remember the last time I had autorun enabled on my PC. I tend to be a freak about my computer doing things without my permission. Maybe its because I fell asleep to too many late night movies but it just freaks me out when my computer starts to make its own decisions. To keep "it" under control I have several peices of software installed. My favorite has always been TweakUI, a little program that Microsoft developed but never implemented into Windows 98.

(I don't name my computer either.)

Yes, I am still using Windows 98. I haven't found a good reason to upgrade. I sure as hell don't feel like giving Microsoft any money and I laugh every time there is some big new Virus alert.

"There is?" I say.. "Oh, must not be for Windows 98."

I then try to get ahold of Virus Tech Support and I can never get anyone to pick up. I'm sure there are many planned Virus upgrades that will allow me to enjoy them on my system but I guess I'll just have to wait.

I have also found that my virus problem practically went away when I stopped using microsoft products. I just love the new email and browser software from Mozilla. Both are great apps and work just as well, if not better than what I was using from MS.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens