Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
6.23.2004
 
Get Your Fresh Okie Blogs while they're still hot!

JesusMaryandJoseph:

"In most tribal societies there was some sort of right that marked your change in status among the members of your community. Whether it was your first buffalo hunt; ritual scarring; or a vision quest you would step through the door never to return. It was given a certain amount of respect and contemplation. I, for one, didn't give graduating highschool or college any thought at all. I walked onto the stage, shook the hands, and walked off. It's not all that life changing when there are hundreds of people before and after you, and you have to hand some schmuck a card so they can mispronounce your name."


If JMJ keeps up this level of thoughtful commentary I shall add this blog to my list of daily reads. I've often wondered about the role that rite of passages take in a modern world where we have elevated consumerism to the level of "National Purpose".

.. or is it "Making the World Safe for Democracy"? In which case has fighting in wars become our national rite of passage?

Another new Okie on the Blogdar (get it Blog Radar... yuck yuck!)

ok.. uhm..

Welcome Micah of Dead Blog: a fellow Tulsan that, unlike myself, actually mourned the breakup of Creed. But even in that loss he finds hope in the ashes of the fallen Creed phoenix.

So this is cool and sad. I loved Creed. They were a part of my life for a number of years. Althought I havent been listening to them as much the last few years they are still important to me. Good news is Tremonti is moving on with Phillips and Marshall. Tremonti is my favorite guitarist. I so hope this new band rocks.


I added the link to the new band, called Alter Bridge.

And isn't this post either a sign of similar thought patterns or evidence that he's been snooping around here?

Either way... welcome to the Okie blogroll!


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens