Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
6.21.2004
 
It Doesn't Happen Often 'Round Here

(Here's a rare 2 cents on dating and relationships, as inspired by girl and boy of Temptation Waits)

I can't stand the act of traditional flirting. I have this natural revulsion of changing my personality for the sole purpose of attracting some girl. I have a hard time being around guys when they are flirting. Its all just an act, one that I can only assume has been biologically programmed into us as part of our mating ritual.

But I have to wonder, just how is acting like an idiot supposed to charming? And why do women apologize for assholes?

I go a long time between girlfriends. I don't mind it so much, its nice having a sweet girl around but I have other things to do with my time. My life doesn't fall apart if I'm not in a relationship or involved in the hunt. One of my favorite aspects of being in a relationship is not having to think about dating.

I am acquainted with guys that use nearly every neuron they possess in the quest of "chicks". They are usually very dull people, more so than the guys that have actual interests outside of getting laid. I would almost say that the amount of time that you spend thinking about ways to get into a girl's panties is inverse to the complexity of your personality.

We all know guys who have a single minded devotion to "the cause".

I have to wonder why you would you ever want a relationship with a guy that spends all of his time hitting on women? Would you expect him to give up his full time pastime and take up quilting? Players are players and unless they have at least some other passions in their life they will get bored with a relationship and cheat. Ladies, I say find a guy obsessed with something other than tits and ass.

Personally I look for a girl that isn't obsessed with guys and isn't out there playing the game. I keep an eye out for those girls and try to befriend them when possible. If nothing else I've met an interesting person and with luck something more.

Sadly, many girls have to devote so much time fending off the players that they go into automatic mode any time a guy approaches them and tries to start a conversation. And sadly, many guys feel like they have to adopt the methods of the players in order to get their foot in the door.

I hate the thought that I'm just another moth bouncing mindlessly around the bright bulb.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens