Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.26.2004
 
Today,

I willingly engaged in at least two activities that I normally avoid.

I went to the mall

and

I got my hair cut.

Two normal-type activities for any other red blooded American guy. But I am not usually that type of person. I eschew the mall. I grow my hair out long to minimize my haircutting experiences. I do not have your typical short spiky type hairdo...

usually... but I did, and I do.

So why oh why oh why did I do it?

I needed a change. I was getting a little annoyed that I hadn't done anything to break out of my routine for a while. I would stare at myself and see my own comfort; in what I was. I know that fear of change kills your imagination and your vitality. I see how people get trapped by fear. We all seem to think that we are the center of life's spotlight. The whole world will teeter and fall should we take any step to change the program. Its not true... few people really care how we look or what we do. Changing something about yourself reminds you of this fact.

So what do you do when your own self image revolves around being different? What does that salmon that swims against the current do to change his ways?

Well, you turn around an go with the current for a while.

So it will be.

I bought some cologne. Its called "Cool Water". I asked the lady at the counter. "What's the latest thing out?" We sampled several kinds...

Me... following a trend? Sure... why not? Its smells good too.

I told the girl at the hair place. "Let me see a book, I'll pick something out." After a couple minutes of discussion I told her to just cut it short and make it look good. I put my fate in her hands. She did well, exactly what I wanted. I got a typical guy cut, complete with glued up spiky bangs.

I don't think I've worn cologne since High School. At my parents house they still have some old bottles of soured scents sitting up on a small shelf in their bathroom; Polo, Fahrenheit, Eternity and Aramis. I was quite the little trend follower back then.

I had changed. Lately I just put on a little deodorant for work and nothing else (scent-wise). I still don't think that I'll be drowning myself in stinky fragrance on a daily basis but I might now and then to mix it up. We shall see.

Its new... its different. If only in small ways.

Its not like I'm packing up and moving to a foreign country. Yet.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens