Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
1.01.2004
 
Resolutions, Bah!

OK, as far as years go, this has been a strange one. I have to give some credit to President George W. Bush for making things exciting. Its like living with a drunk, one who comes in late at night screaming, angry and abusive. Its interesting but hardly a life we wish for ourselves.

I haven't been involved in much activism since the start of the Iraq war. Living in Tulsa feels like being in isolation. Its so nice here that most people don't feel compelled to take to the streets in protest. Its not like other big cities where the oppresive agents are in your face. Here, all the extreme edges are just sort of rounded off. There's just not enough money here to draw the real evil elements.

I've spent the better part of the year getting used to being single again. Come next spring (March) it will have been a complete cycle of holidays. I'm not in any rush to get back involved but I keep my mind open. I'm not sure if I'm a rare kind of person, but I like spending time alone. When I find that special women I'll realize it, till then I'll be patient.

I've gone back to my music, writing and recording my songs with my computer setup. I've made great progress in the overall sound quality and production values I can acheive, but I still need to work on my singing and songrwriting skills. I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish. I have about a dozen songs that I can listen to and not cringe.

Since I no longer work at a photo lab I have let my photography slip. I've recently set up my darkroom again and purchased a nice new Canon i560 printer to print out my digital photos. I have my eye on the forthcoming Nikon DSLR, the D70. Not sure if I'll have the money when it comes out but soon, very soon I'll be looking at a digital body to compliment my N80 and my N70. Till then I'll work on taking some nice B&W photos to justify spending some time in the darkroom, music playing, sipping beer and printing 11x14 prints. Its at those moments that life is good.

I'm not big on resolutions. I tend to think that you should always be looking for ways to improve yourself. But if I were to pick one thing I would like to achieve this year? Its being more carefree, enjoying people for who they are, enjoying life for what it is, and appreciating this unique time and place.

Happy New Year!


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens