Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
1.05.2004
 
If I had billions of dollars, I'd start a business.

Something that would give up and coming musicians a place to play their own music. I'd have employees and I would pay them way too much for what they did. They would go out and buy plasma TVs, hold Super Bowl Parties with cookouts on expensive grills on newly built decks. They'd have kids now that they could afford to send them to school and buy them the things they need without sacrificing their own lives. Maybe they'd buy a chunk of real estate on a lake somewhere and think about retirement. They would feel empowered, because that's what people with security feel. They would wake up every day with a dream and a means to make it happen. I'd sponsor little league teams and bowling leagues.

Or I could take that money and invest it in corporate stocks. I could make a hefty profit by watching my shares of Wal-Mart inch up on the backs of underpaid employees. There would be jobs, but no Super Bowl Parties with expensive grills. I could afford all the Plasma TVs I wanted but I don't see too many Wal-Mart employees buying them. They would still have kids, but would have to make due with less. They'd spend long nights listening to a child coughing in the next room wondering whether they should risk going to a doctor or risk letting their child get sicker. They would not be empowered, they would be scared. They would take another of my low wage jobs to make ends meet. They would work harder than what we paid them and that extra productivity would be mine to spend. When I would read about high unemployemt I'd reflexively think "That will keep down labor costs for the holidays". Most times I wouldn't even wonder why the stock went up and I would only get upset when it went down. I'd call for something to be done, and it would. A worker would lose their job or see their hours get cut.

I'd create phony foundations to avoid paying taxes.


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens