Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
9.18.2005
welcome over the fence
 
The Subjective Scribe:
"Disclaimer: I am not a Democrat. I am a recovering Republican who is now a registered Independent."


Well, it would nice if it worked that way. But once you find yourself on "the other side", even though your original goal was impartiality, you will be lumped in with the enemies of "the conservative cause".

But I suspect scribe already knows this.

I began to recognize that the Republican party had become one giant, powerful political machine that demanded unquestioning loyalty and adherence to the party line. It was more interested in vanquishing its foes (both foreign and domestic, strategic and political) than in the long-term interests of the nation. Pride and self-interest seemed to eclipse sound reason and objective awareness. Nationalism usurped brotherhood with our fellow man in this world.


yup. Party before principle, party before nation, party before the lives of fellow Americans.

How quickly people find themselves on the other side of the republican machine for simply exercising their conscience.

I don't consider myself a democratic loyalist in the least bit. I would rather see more options. But I have to admit freely that voting for a Republican at this time does not seem like an option in the light of how that party has behaved.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens