Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.16.2005
I'm the Disease
 
Woody

And yes, I'd dare say liberals and liberalism have had such an effect on society. Christianity, Judeism, and the good side of Islam hasn'tchanged. As liberalism has progressed(like that use of the word Progressive?), society has declined in moral stature, adhearance to the Constitution has declied, many of our rights have been decimated. Talk of revolution has burst upon the scene, many call for the impeachment of these errant justices that are trashing our rights to own property, to be secure from unwarranted searches, limiting our right to collectively voice our opinions 30 to 60 days prior to an election....

To deny mankind could have such a corrupting faction in society and not have it successfully corrupt society makes about as much sense as saying man's behavior is corrupting the environment, when one volcanic eruption can exceed all the "damage" mankind has done since the dawn of man. Nature will take care of the Earth in spite of anything man has done or could do to it. But, Nature will not take care of man. Man must clean up his own house if he expects to survive and prosper. Look what Hitler and the Nazis did. Look what it took to make it stop.

This is more than a war for decency. This is a war to stop the spread of disease. This is a war to create a proper environment to raise kids into responsible adults. Of course, you can chuck all of tomorrow for a good time today if you like. Just don't expect the rest of us to fix up your tomorrow for you when your tomorrow comes. We have enough work to do taking care of our own tomorrows. Time to pay the piper.

We are the ants. You are the grasshoppers.


I only post this because friends are often skeptical when I tell them that there are people that think teaching others to think for themselves is what's destroying our society. "How can that be?" they ask.

Some people really hate liberals.

I've heard it for years now. I'm the source of all evil in the world. I'm the one that's trying to subvert small children and set fire to the constitution. I'm the next Hitler waiting to happen. All because I'm willing to call "bullshit" on people's stupidity.

Yeah, I'm a liberal, and quite proud of that fact. I believe in the freedom of the human mind; to be free from all forms of social coercion. I think we should be able to speak our minds to power. I think we should be able to stay home on Sunday mornings without fear of retribution. I think we should be able to call the president a "spoiled fucker with an inferiority complex" if we think its true.

So yeah, I'm what's wrong with society. I'll take the blame. I'll be the target in your culture war. You've declared it, not me. I'm the disease.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens