Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.31.2005
Younger, older?
 
Do I prefer younger women?

I'd have to say yes, to a degree. The preference has become more of a matter of necessity more than anything else. I tend to be attracted to younger women (mid twenties) because they are more likely to be single and dating. Around here especially, women my age tend to be married. I've met women my age who already have a couple of kids and divorced. And while there's nothing wrong with that, I have to say that I naturally assume that they are going to be a different point in their life than I am.

Most women my age, that are NOT looking to get married young and start their lives as dutiful wives, have moved away. There's just not much for older single people here. Career people move to places like L.A. Chicago or New York to pursue those goals. Those wanting to have kids, buy a minivan and spend their weekends cheering on the OU football team stay here.

That's not to say that I haven't met a few women my age that haven't gone down the domestic route just yet. Was I attracted to them? Yes, I was. In fact if I were given a choice between two women equal in looks, one my age and the other younger, I would prefer the peer.

I used to joke that after I broke up with my ex-girlfriend that I was going to have to start looking out for divorced women, thinking they might be a little less eager to pursue the "American Dream" having gone down that road once already.

I'm a little strange in the sense that I'm not all that concerned about settling down. I'm a bad choice for any girl looking for a husband that's going to provide "security" and a bank account deep enough to finance their dreams of domestic bliss.

Its not just that I'm cynical. I say more power to people doing the house-kids-nine-to-five thing, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm really just looking for a women that lives life day to day without the expectations of money and domesticity.

In general I'm happy with the person that I've become. But I'm realistic enough to realize that the path that I've chosen for myself has precluded many possibilities. I accept that.

----o-----


I apologize if this blog has become too much of a "news regurgitation site". That was never my intention when I started this site. I've been doing most of my personal writing in other diaries. I'm going to try to redirect the direction of this site back into more "personal/commentary" territory.

In another note: For some reason tonight I've been able to access my wireless network while sitting out here on my back porch. Usually I have trouble accessing the internet from out here and I've been looking into purchasing a range extender. But right now, life is good, if little bit on the cold side.

Furthermore, I now have some webspace available to post some of my music. Its just enough for maybe one or two songs, but if anyone has an interest, email me and I'll send you the link.

Go listen to Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism, and Dream Theater has a new album out next Tuesday.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens