Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
9.08.2004
Rotter
 
I must confess that I have a soft spot for confessional, or day to day blogs/journals. Its nice to read a blank recounting of a days events. No opinions, no slant, no moral or message thrown at you to make you feel queasy. What you get is straight voyuerism.

Here's a little bit of that from this end, in my own way of course, vague and un-detailed.

-----

Yesterday started off pretty mediocre. I worked a shift by myself due to a no show from a co-worker. I didn't mind so much, for by now I have what I do down to almost an art. Its irksome to be so busy, but like is often said, it makes the day go by quicker. My only complaint was a lady that gave me a complete grilling on a camera down to the last detail. Which I wouldn't mind so much if it hadn't been the absolute cheapest one that we sell.

"What's this button do?"

"Its marked 'power' I think it turns the damn thing on!"

Umm... rough transcript.

The day was really going to start later. I had planned on going out for a day of picture taking with my friend K, the bird guy. My plan was to hit downtown on foot, camera in hand, at around seven o'clock. We would mill about for about an hour or so taking a few good shoots when the light was good. After dark I planned on suggesting a sit down at the pub for a few drinks. I had planned on introducing K to the wonders of Guinness.

Alas, no such thing happened.

I got stuck late at work putting together a vacuum cleaner that was new and not on display yet. Five screws took half and hour to assemble. The good news was that the elderly couple decided they liked the vacuum so much they took the model I just assembled. Still no display model but they managed to get my employer to pay for assembling a vacuum for them. Savvy?

So it was five and a half before I placed a call to K letting him now I was home and getting ready to go. He was en route to a fellow bird guy's house to pick up some supplies (i.e. food) and would head out to my house after a while. I told him I was gonna mow the front yard and to just stop by when done.

I finished the lawn, logged on to the computer and started writing the posts preceding this one. The sun started to set, it passed seven and still no K. I logged off and gave him a call, only to get a "This Cricket customer is unavailable" message.

I assumed his phone was dead. I waited a little while longer till the sun started to set and decided the photo trip was a no go. I was a little bummed, a little worried about K and a little miffed that I was wasting time sitting around waiting.

At around eight thirty I decided to cut my losses and just head out on my own. It was too late to get any decent photos and I wasn't up to strolling around downtown at night by myself so I grabbed my book and headed for the pub. I thought if nothing else I would get some reading done.

Spending nearly three hours sitting around waiting for a friend to show put me in a bad mood, so I was a little edgy as I arrived downtown and parked my car in the gravel carpark. The night was beautiful. We've had some great weather recently and the temp was just low enough to justify wearing my feel good flannel.

Yes, I am wearing it now. I feel good.

Ahem..

I figured I might knock out a few more pages of "Age of Reason", a depressing book and a poor choice for reading material for a lousy day, but instead I was surprised to find that one of the waitresses working last night was "A" a sweet girl whose best quality is her willingness to plop down opposite me and strike up a conversation. "A" had been cut for the night so we sat and chatted for a while about this and that, mostly our shared lack of short term memory.

Soon enough "A" had to go do some studying, but B, the other waitress on duty took her place in the chair opposite me and we talked about dogs, movies and footwear for a bit. As an added bonus the bartender put on one of my favorite cds.

It made up for missing out on a night of picture taking. I consider hanging out with a couple of cool chicks sufficient recompense for getting stuck waiting for a friend that never showed?

I did get to a read a few pages of my book as well.

K did eventually call and leave a message apologizing for his phone going dead and some extra work he had to do with his bird. We're still cool. One of foundations for our friendship is our understanding that we never take things too seriously. I know he's "good people" and I can understand that he has higher priorities than me. We'll hang out when we can.

I like my green curtains, I like to take the air in the evening on the balcony, and I don't want any change. I enjoy railing against capitalism, and I don't want it suppressed, because I should no longer have any reasons for doing so, I enjoy feeling fastidious and aloof. I enjoy saying no, always no and I should be afraid of any attempt to construct a finally habitable world, because I should merely have to say yes and act like other people. From above or below: who would decide? Brunet has decided: he thinks I am a rotter."


From "Age of Reason" by Jean-Paul Sartre

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens