Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
6.06.2004
 
?c?o?o?k?i?e?





Clicking on the picture will open a new window with a larger version
See more photos.




"You are a creative and original person"

That's what the fortune cookie said.

But not to me. Mine said "Practice makes perfect." I found this disturbing considering the spot on accuracy of my dinner companion's cookie. But I was disturbed by a few things.

One, could I have gotten a bad cookie? One intended for someone else perhaps? If so it throws the whole fortune cookie business into turmoil. What can we trust anymore.. star signs? What else?

Two, it was very vague about what would need practice. I felt a little insulted that it came to such a broad general conclusion that EVERYTHING in my life needed work. I was perfect at nothing? I needed to practice everything in my life?

Such a tall order. Should I just assume that it means practice at one thing? Should I practice my guitar more? Should I work on my writing? Should I re-examine my photography? Which is it? How can I decide?

More questions than answers. Such is the fortune cookie!

I asked my friend KP last night how I should read this fortune. He said that any fortune should have the phrase "in bed" assumed and appended at the end. So her fortune becomes "You are a creative and original person in bed" and mine becomes "Practice makes perfect in bed".

I can only assume the accuracy of her new, revised and clarified, fortune. Mine however becomes even more disturbing...

Is it criticism or is it motivation? How should I take it?

Those smug smiley faces, what do they know?

-----

short hits


This new short haircut defies gravity. At night, as I roll around in bed it gets pushed straight up. I can wet it down and get it under control with some gel. But each night it gets even straighter and straighter. As the gel weakens it goes back up. So now the entire top of my head has hair standing straight up out of it. You would think it would lie down... gravity and all.

But no.

So that is why I am writing this with a stocking cap on.

-----


Saw the latest Harry Potter movie today. It was much better than the previous two, much darker, more other-worldy. This is a good thing for a movie about withcraft. Less Mary Poppins, more Lord of the Rings. Saw the preview for the Spiderman sequel, it looked yummy as well. I love that it draws on the conflicted characters that inhabit comic books like Spidermand and Batman. No simple good/evil for me thank you.

-----


I seem to be attracted to waitresses. Its either the white shirts, the nurturing way they take care of you or the fact that they have to smile and be nice to you until you tip them. She was cute, and she brought me beer, that IS what I am looking for in a women!

-----

To the man on the cell phone screaming "So you think you're better than me?" I should say that unless she too was stomping around a parking lot yelling into her cell phone making a complete and total ass out of herself such as you were, then the answer to your question is "yes".


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens