Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
12.12.2003
 
Love Thy Neighbor?

Orcinus

The antics of Misha, the "Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler," have notched another turn in the spiral of eliminationist violence that I've remarked upon previously. Now he has gone so far as to advocate the death of a "traitor" who runs an anti-Bush Web site.

This time, it may not be without consequences.


Oh my, apparently the guy over at Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler is really really stupid. You see I've not visited the site myself and I'm getting the story second hand but if the quotes are genuine, and I have no reason to think they're not, then he has crossed a very bold line, from being a blowhard to being a dangerous blowhard.

I've spent a few minutes here and there reading through some forums from both left leaning and right leaning sites. I've been scared by some random comment on more than one occasion. For the most part the people that run successful sites are fairly balanced with slight leanings here and there. Of course the more you cater to the fringe elements the more your site will wander into looneyville.

I should get to my point, and its this:

Lets stop with the "Liberals are traitors" talk right now! Its foolish, its dangerous and as sad as this sounds, there are some people that don't have the good sense to know when to take outrageous political rhetoric for what it is: sillyness. If you think that promoting violence is acceptable, even in jest, then you should really seek some help, take some time away from the insuler world of the internet or take up a hobby... preferably one with lots of strenuous running and jumping.

We can agree to disagree but we should all decide that our idealogical battles should be fought with civility, with words aimed at issues, and topics and when applicable, politicians. But never in such a way that we advocate violence against another human. That's just sick.



|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens