Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
12.10.2003
 
Welcome to Flatland

camedwards.com:
"So there you have it. The primary responsibility of the Democratic candidates is to bash the opponent, rather than explaining why they're the better choice. Guess we won't be seeing much talk on the issues for awhile."


and...

"You can only bash for so long before people start tuning you out."


The other day I watched a NOVA special about string theory. They advanced the idea that the laws of the universe might be the by-product of multidimensional geometric shapes at the smallest part of the universe.

You see, that's an interesting idea. A theory that I can appreaciate. Not like the half-baked ones thrown up by Cam over at his rodent's nest.

The democrats can't criticize Bush to show that they would be a better president?

People will get tired of all the negativity from the Democrats, when they apparently didn't get tired of 24/7 Liberal bashing during the Clinton years?

With this kind of imaginative thinking we should get Cam working on some theoretical physics. He is obviously able to transcend the bounds of linear thought. He's already mastered a multi-dimensional universe where the laws of reality do not apply to Democrats. Where Democratic candidates can win an election by praising their opponent.

Flatland: Section 14: How I vainly tried to explain the nature of Flatland.:
"At the word I began to move my body out of Lineland. As long as any part of me remained in his dominion and in his view, the King kept exclaiming, 'I see you, I see you still; you are not moving.' But when I had at last moved myself out of his Line, he cried in his shrillest voice, 'She is vanished; she is dead.' 'I am not dead,' replied I; 'I am simply out of Lineland, that is to say, out of the Straight Line which you call Space, and in the true Space, where I can see things as they are. And at this moment I can see your Line, or side -- or inside as you are pleased to call it; and I can see also the Men and Women on the North and South of you, whom I will now enumerate, describing their order, their size, and the interval between each.'

When I had done this at great length, I cried triumphantly, 'Does that at last convince you?' And, with that, I once more entered Lineland, taking up the same position as before.

But the Monarch replied, 'If you were a Man of sense -- though, as you appear to have only one voice I have little doubt you are not a Man but a Woman -- but, if you had a particle of sense, you would listen to reason. You ask me to believe that there is another Line besides that which my senses indicate, and another motion besides that of which I am daily conscious. I, in return, ask you to describe in words or indicate by motion that other Line of which you speak. Instead of moving, you merely exercise some magic art of vanishing and returning to sight; and instead of any lucid description of your new World, you simply tell me the numbers and sizes of some forty of my retinue, facts known to any child in my capital. Can anything be more irrational or audacious? Acknowledge your folly or depart from my dominions.'"


GOPland?


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens