Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
6.19.2003
 
A Word About the Okie Links

In the spirit of promoting okie pride I have made the rounds of okie based bloggers to see whats in the offering. As I expected they tended to lean right. So much so in fact that many can't hear out of that side of their heads. This confuses me to no end. While traveling around Tulsa today I got the general feeling that people here like independence more than anything. They don't want anybody to interfere with their lives. I'm sure that extends to other parts of oklahoma as well. My confusion arises out of the blank check support for government right now. It does't seem consistent to me. If you're going to be skeptical of government (a position I wholeheartedly support) then you should be so all the time, not just when a Democrat is in office. You should stand up anytime the governement says anything and say "prove it!". That after all is what I consider our job as citizens to be, to hold the politicians accountable for their actions and their words. But whenever I stand up and criticize our president for his actions I get shouted down and accused of being a Democrat (which I am not). I don't see any point in giving my unquestioning loyalty to any party. Some people stop being good citizens when their party gets into power. They start ignoring their roll as political watchdog because they are scared that any criticism of their party will mean support for the other. They fall victim to the false dichotomy that says that you must remain silent to not give support for the other side. This is wrong headed thinking and one of the deleterious by-products of our two party system. You are forced to support not by acting but by not acting.

For the record:

I thought Bill Clinton was rotten for getting sexual favors in the Whitehouse, it was extrmely tacky but it didnt affect how I live my life. I thought his support of NAFTA was wrong and the damage to our manufacturing base has been devastating. I am more angry about NAFTA than blowjobs. I am also angry about extending Most Favored Nation status to China despite their obvious lack of progress on worker or human rights. Those are REAL reasons to be upset with Clinton. This BJ thing is a joke.

I thought John McCain would have made a decent president. Too bad the Rove machine smeared him out of the running. For that at least you should be wary of Bush/Rove. He was right leaning, but he was willing to tackle an important issue, money influence in politics. For that I think we would have been better off, and for that reason he was brought down.

I thought Bob Dole would have been a so-so president. He did a poor job communicating with the public and his party pushed him too hard to be someone he wasn't on the campaign trail. The American people saw though that.

I worked to get Nader on the ballot here in Oklahoma. Not because I wanted him elected but because I think we needed more voices present in the debate and because people need more choices. Anybody should be able to run for president, not just the annointed of the political parties.

I am upset with Al Gore and the Democrats for not letting other presidential candidates into the debates. The two politcal parties are killing our democracy with their foolish notion that the government belongs to THEM and them only, to fight over amongst themselves. The American people need to show them who really owns the government.

The uncritical acceptance of Bush and his cronies is shameful. They have done plenty to get the alarm bells ringing, but unfortunately it seems like the citizens here have sold their souls and they are content to swallow the obvious propaganda lies being fed to them by this adminstration. Its not consistent.


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens