Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
10.20.2005
Whack!
 
I've said it here before, that I don't really consider myself a partisan Democrat. I find writers that spend a considerable portion of their time trying to imagine ways to revive the Democratic party a bit tedious. While I understand that living in a two party system means you end up supporting the least offensive party, I also think that breaking up the two party system (and adapting a proportional voting, or coalition system) is in our best long term interests.

(I think we're in denial about why so many people don't find it worthwhile to vote; they just don't see candidates that are addressing real issues to them.)

But to say that I would be just as hard on the Democrats if they were in power is not quite accurate. After some consideration, I would like to add something to that.

I would be just as hard on the Democrats if they were in power and willfully trying to drag our country back into the 19th century as I feel the Republicans are doing. They'd also have to be just as dishonest, corrupt, and against the interests of the majority of ordinary working Americans as the modern Republican party.

That's a tall order. The Democrats just haven't reached that level of threat yet. They've been horribly ineffective as an opposition party, paying lip service to some of the worst policies of the Bush administration, especially their lukewarm support for the invasion of Iraq. But aside from a valiant effort put forth by the DLC Democrats, they just haven't hit upon the genius idea (as the Republicans have) that destroying the middle/working class in America would be best for all (campaign donors) involved.

Personally, I would like to see more varied parties in America. Then we might have one party for the Theocrats, who could vote for whichever whacko candidate claimed he talked to God the most, and one party for the Feudalists, who could vote for whichever candidate promised to bring back the good ol' days of Lords and Serfs (which was a very profitable system for the landowners...).

So, if you think that I'm a partisan Democrat because I simply feel that the Republicans are a greater threat to my freedom and ability to live my life the way I wish, then so bit, you can use that as your definition.

Whatever.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens