Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
5.02.2005
Rotten Apples
 
Robertson Says Giuliani Would Be 'Good President' - Yahoo! News:
"Robertson, who launched a brief presidential bid in 1988, said that if he were president he would not appoint Muslims to serve in his Cabinet and that he was not in favor of Muslims serving as judges.

'They have said in the Koran there's a war against all the infidels,' he said. 'Do you want somebody like that sitting as a judge? I wouldn't.'"


You see, I would expand the definition of "somebody like that" to include people that think they are God's chosen people and all else are going to burn in hell.

Pat is a fundie. He believes that he knows "the truth". He does not see his own views as extreme, but he views people with similar but opposing views as unfit and dangerous.

But the problem is not in the details. Its in the thought process itself. Fundamentalism is a flawed idealogy wherein believers fail to accept that their religious belief system is nothing more than one of many other equally valid options.

"But I'm right!"

Yes, of course you are. We all are.

I could, if I wanted, construct a convoluted belief system where I come to be convinced that the rotten vegetables in my crisper have decreed that I shall rule the world. But, its still not true. My belief does not affect reality. Believing harder does not matter. Getting more people to believe does not make it more credible.

"But isn't non-belef as form of religion as well?"

Only if you accept that by not worshipping the vegetables in my crisper that you too are practicing a form of non-belief. The onus is on me to convince you to believe as I do. I might start by pointing out that there are indeed rotten vegetables in my crisper. From there I would insist that by admitting the existence of the vegetables, and that I believe that they spoke to me you should naturally accept that they made me ruler of the world. I might even read to you what they said, as I wrote it down on a notepad.

"We, the rotten vegetables of the crisper make this one and only one decree, that we are holy, that we speak the truth, and that we annoint bruce supreme ruler of the world -- oh, and he speaks for us now, don't question him."

There you have it. I've started my own religion. More wisdom to come...

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens