Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.17.2004
Choice
 
My new favorite customers? Ones who come into the store to inform me that they can get it cheaper on the internet.

I know this. I know this because I shop on the internet as well. But that presupposes that you know what you are looking for. Said customer then begins asking me questions about what they need to make their gadget work properly.

I'm often tempted to reply: "Look it up on the fucking internet!"

I did however point at something today and say "And this is what you'll want to buy at Wal-Mart."

Everyone thinks they are the only ones that hit upon the idea of getting something for free. They'll go talk to some guy paid to know what they are talking about and then go buy it from some place that just throws it on the shelf. All well and good until that guy isn't around anymore. Then they'll all bellyache about how there is nobody there to hold their hands because they're too fucking busy to sit down and educate themselves.

Boo Hoo.

Lots of people want to talk about personal responsibility, to the point that I want to throw the nearest heavy object at my fragile plaster wall. Because what they are really talking about is laziness. Everyone wants the system rigged in their favor.

I was freaked out the other day when some guy insisted that I give him something for free.

"What are you going to thrown in."

Anytime anyone asks me this I just look them straight in the face and say "Nothing".

I was freaked because he was some big bearded biker dude and he was obviously there as the family patriarch and I had just make him look bad by not letting him be the big guy, getting his family a deal.

Face it, you're not special. You do not deserve something more than anyone else gets. What makes you any better than the guy before you that paid full price? Because you were willing to ask for free stuff? (or kick my ass?) Shove it. If I just help the "special" people what I'm really doing is ripping off the nice people.

Do we want a nation of squeaky wheels?

I call them whiners, and yes, America is full of whiners.

We encourage it. We condone it. I don't. I do my little part to make the world seem fair. After all, if I back down a little what makes you think I didn't back down more for someone else? At least now you know I didn't give the guy before you some plum deal.

Being responsible means going down more than just one level. I take responsibility for my actions in more ways than most self righteous libertarians do in their whole lives. Because I look beyond my own selfish whims and my pocketbook to ask a bigger question: What does this mean for all of us (including me) in the long run?

Individuals have very little impact on society until they all act in concert. But that is what we do when we all think that we are special. We all act as if we can get away with being selfish pricks. What we get in the end, is a crass world. Then we all complain that nobody took responsibility for what happened.

Dude.. its happening now. Why don't YOU take some responsibility? Make choices based on the world you want to live in tomorrow or else you have no right to complain when tomorrow comes and its not the world you wanted.

We all want someone else to do the right thing. "I'll just squeak by being a jerk."

I tell people all the time. I don't shop at Wal-Mart because I don't want the world to look like Wal-Mart. If YOU do, fine, but you better not come complaining to me when you find yourself standing in an aisle of cheap shit, wondering what they hell you need. I don't eat meat because I don't like the way we treat animals in factory farms. I don't like using chemicals on my lawn because I like the clean air. I read up on current events because I want to cast an educated vote.

My actions have consequences, and if I don't like the consequences I should change my actions. Is that so hard a concept to grasp?

Connect the dots!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens