Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
9.19.2004
eye lock
 
odd experience.

part of my job is interacting with people. one of the opportunities this affords is the chance to try out new approaches to begin conversations with strangers. so occasionally I might try a few different ways to strike up and commence a conversations. other days I cannot seem to get out of the person that I am and it spills over.

lately I've been practicing looking people in the eyes and seeing if that helps to forge a connection with people. I do this not so I can sell them something, but merely for my own amusement.

the downside to my little experiment is that I get evangelized to on a way to frequent basis.

so saturday I was at work and a guy comes in with his daughter (I assume). He looked like he might be in his early forties and she looked to be about fourteen.

the man is asking me questions and I'm going through the process of answering the same questions that I have answered about a hundred times before. I say this with no exaggeration, maybe even a little under estimation.

I look over the man's shoulder and the girl is staring at me, so I look her in the eye and she just stares back. this continues for about ten seconds till she just mouths "hi" and I look away. The man keeps asking more questions and I am offering suggestions to solve his problem and eventually I glance behind him again and there she is just looking at me. we lock eyes yet again and she doesn't look away, smile or anything, just mouths "hi" again. I was freaked out.

-----o-----


Despite my dislike for Hugh Grant I have rented a VHS copy of "About A Boy". Why did I rent this movie? Because it has music my Badly Drawn Boy and is based on a Nick Hornby book. Two strikes for, one strike against. Why VHS? Well, Hollywood had their DVD copy checked out.

And yes, I suppose it is cheaper this way. But I like DVD. I'm a snob like that.

-----o-----


My desk is messy again.

-----o-----


"What's your name?"

"Theodore.. Ted.. Teddy... Teddy Pierce"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens