Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
8.17.2004
Smoke Out
 
Sadie asked me to write something to get that goat off the top of the page.

But... I like the goat. I spent a good twenty minutes designing the pet goat's campaign logo... (insert pouting here)

Smoking.

The quick take for those unwilling to read further: While I don't think its necessary to legislate changes to force people to quit smoking, because we are a free country after all (I'm for legalizing MJ as well) I do feel its fair to shame our dear smoker friends into submission with the blindingly obvious facts.

1) Unless you're smoking some off brand home grown stuff, you're being a corporate stooge, giving money to companies that lied their asses off for years to protect their profits. There is no better example of corporate greed than the major tobacco companies, and so if you continue to support them even after they've been caught.. you deserve the world you will get.

2) Its addictive, so don't whine when you want to quit and you can't. Years ago when people still thought that cigarettes were not addictive I could understand being surprised. These days.. you have no excuse, you went into this with the information at hand. I give people of my dad's generation a pass. If you start today.. no such luck.

3) They will harm your health: I know we hear about the 100 year old lady that has smoked a pack a day for her entire life but you are MORE likely to hear stories like my uncle's, a smoker for years during his twenties and thirties, started in the military and smoked until it became known that it was bad for your health, quit and lived for another several decades till getting lung cancer. And yes, the doctor attributed his cancer to his years of smoking.

4) The idea that shackling yourself to an addictive substance in the name of "freedom" or "rebelliousness' is ridiculous. Doing so even though you know the facts and doing so as a way of "giving do gooders the middle finger" is laughable. You really want to show me? Shove some quarter pounders up your ass.

That being said, and this being a free country, I don't care if you smoke. You can sit in your own home smoking till the tar drips from the ceiling fan for all I care. You can have a burning cig protruding from each orifice your body. I still don't care.

But don't you ever.. I mean EVER come to me in the middle of a busy shift at work and look for sympathy because you have to go feed your addiction. You WILL hear an earful.. and you will NOT get an ounce of sympathy from me.

Then again... there's no guarantee that we're going to live long enough to die of lung cancer anyways. But I say, if you need to express your desire for self destruction at least do so in a way that isn't so cliche.

If you need to smoke for stress relief... try Yoga, or just taking a few deep breaths when you're getting freaked out. Or better yet.. drink.

Pot signing out.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens