Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
3.22.2004
 
Shopping

I stopped by Target the other night. I needed to get a file folder to organize my paperwork. This followed an episode of digging through my current shoebox system and not finding what I needed. I don't much like shopping. I recognize the cathartic benefits, the sating of our hunter-gatherer instincts, the need to accomplish a task. However I don't have lots of extra money so I can't make shopping a hobby.

For some, shopping is an activity. You go do it when you need to "do something".

That's fine. Target is nesting central. It makes me want to don a shirt that says "no coupling zone" in big letter across the chest. Happy little couples leisurely plod up and down the aisles, looking at towels, picking up decorative lampshades and taking up the whole DAMN aisle! They flaunt there happy couple... ness.

Hey, I used to be the same way (a little) when I had a mate, but I was considerate of those other people that just wanted to get in and get out. They had a mission. Get a file folder, get some kitty litter, grab a pack of TP and some Doritoes. Then get the hell outta there.

So the other night I run in and start heading up the main aisle only to get stuck behind couple of ladies plodding along side by side so as to take up the entire breadth of the main walkway. I hate being rude so I slow down and walk along behind them thinking that soon enough they'll sense my glowering eyes burning fresh brands into their back flesh and move aside.

No luck. They walk at what must have been a step per second all the way to the back of the store.

I suppose I could have headed off down a side aisle, cut through the lady's undergarments or the Menswear department but I was too stubborn. Besides, I chided myself, I should have some patience. I'm not the only one in this world. Other people have a right to walk a snail's pace down a busy aisle. Right?

But here's where it gets weird. No less than three more times do I find myself trapped behind these same two ladies. Once more as I head towards the checkout lane. Another time as I head out the door and then remarkably as I drove my car out of the parking lot. There they were sauntering across the parking lot on a direct path between me and the exit lane!

Such a small thing...

... and speaking of heavenly signs...

KT at CNR sums up the God thing quite nicely:

I take the skeptical view -- called "weak atheism" -- that the existence of an all-powerful, all-knowing, immortal, perfectly good and benevolent being is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence. I have never seen any such evidence (nor have I read any proof of God's existence that achieved anything beyond illustrating the author's faith), so I do not believe in God. I take the same position on the existence of dragons, unicorns, and Britney Spears' musical talent.


But I still wonder if those two ladies were some sort of Godly sign? It is Lent after all?


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens