Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
10.01.2003
 
Didn't Scripture also Supposedly Condone Racism?

flyovercountry.blog-city.com:
"What happens when scripture, which I believe is inerrant, violates another American's human rights? Could our pastors who preach the truth be jailed? Could Christians be called upon to practice civil disobediance? Clearly, homosexuals are waging an aggressive and cleverly executed war to normalize their behavior in American culture. Gay-themed TV shows are among the highest rated shows, gay couples are putting dents in the marriage armor, and gay couples are making significant inroads in the upbringing and educating of our unwanted children: foster kids. Am I prepared to lose my job and my freedom over this? Will my children have to make that decision?"


Update: Upon further reflection I deleted most of what I had previously said. I dont feel confortable trying to make a value judgement like that. I do however still feel that bias against homosexuals masked behind the facade of merely following scriptures is a bit hard for me to take seriously. Would you go on to say that "if it wasn't for scripture I would be totally fine with gays being more acceptable in mainstream society"?

My line tends to be drawn at accepting anybody as long as they don't victimize others or deny somebody else their rights to liberty. I feel that preaching intolerance is the first step towards advocating violence. If you tell someone that you don't like their lifestyle and they refuse to change what are your options then?

I think its an easy decision. I dont have to make that decision between religious doctrine or human rights. And in reality its not all christians that feel the bible condemns homosexuality. I hope when of if that decision ever comes, you side with your heart.

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. --1 John iii. 15.



|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens