Dissolve into Evergreens
This blog used to be about politics. Not so much anymore as I have worked through my fascination with that subject. It now seems appropriate that with a new president and the end of the Bush nightmare that I move on to new subjects that are more in line with my current interests. I may still occasionally express an opinion about political matters but for the most part I will be commenting on music, photography and personal observations. Thank you for reading.


Current Playlist

Top 100 in iTunes

juscuz's Last.fm Overall Artists 

Chart




Atom Site Feed

B4 d- t k s u- f i- o x-- e- l- c+

Blogarama


< ? Colorado Blogs # >

« - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + »
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
7.13.2003
 
The Enemy That Exists Only in One's Own Paranoia

FrontPage magazine.com:
'Peace' movement demonstrations -- riots, more often than not -- are expensive and well orchestrated. Left-wing radicals don't just 'come together for peace,' as their leaders often say. I think it's time to expose the Marxist, Maoist organizations who are conspiring and financing these treasonous efforts … efforts designed to draw vital resources away from our Homeland Security network and leave us -- you, your family and me -- in danger!

I know who they are, and now I need your help to expose our enemies' sympathizers! Help me pull the mask off the 'peace movement' and show America precisely who's pulling the strings!


You know, I'd heard the name David Horowitz bandied about in comments and discussions but I never realized just who this guy was until I was googling through some pages and came upon Frontpage magazine. He scares the living freaking daylights out of me. He is pulling the most extreme elements of the peace movement and painting everybody with the extremist's label.

Another classic from FrontPage mag:Anders Lewis

Rumors of Karl Marx’s death have been greatly exaggerated. Despite the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of Soviet communism, the Old Man is alive and kicking. Indeed, among historians of American labor history, Marx is King and Adam Smith has never been heard of. This will not come as a surprise to readers of Frontpage Magazine, who well know that much of the academic world is dominated by militant left-wing apologists for terrorism. These leftists deny the existence of truth or advocate for the study of anything but Western civilization (unless, of course, one proposes to study the evils of Western civilization). Having lost the battle on the streets in the 1960s, these radicals are now taking the battle to our nation’s schools. Their goal is to replace scholarship with revolutionary politics.


Lies, simple and straight from the horse's mouth. I can only conclude that these people and their followers are fighting an enemy that does not exist, because I have been amongst people of the Peace Movement and NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY even remotely resembles the demonized and distorted caricatures drawn by these two individuals. I have been amongst academics and NONE of them resemble the extremes being presented for your consumption. So I can only conclude that these fellows are either fighting against a miniscule segement of a larger community, which would undercut their assertiosn that they present a great threat - or - they are painting ordinary individuals with horrible mischaracterizations.

Their goal is to replace scholarship with revolutionary politics

...and their goal, with these kinds of gross attacks on people?


|

About Me

bruce
35 yr old
Married
Okie
Highlands Ranch
Denver
Colorado
Student
Recording Engineer
Gemini
Arrogant
Voted for Kerry
Voted for Obama
Scumbag
Narrow-minded
Liberal
Uncle
Smug
Hypocrite
Philosophical Type
Taken
Omicron Male
Feminist Friendly
22.3% Less Smart
Whacko
Rabbit



Any Box

email

Barack Obama Logo
Get Firefox!




Dissolve into Evergreens